Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Rhyme for Valentine's


I could not find a poem to say what I must say,
And so I wrote a rhyme myself to celebrate this day
To all of you who've touched my life in countless little ways,
Or spent with me some moments that I’ll cherish all my days
Perhaps we are not lovers, perhaps we’re merely friends,
(Perhaps we’re mortal enemies, a situation I must mend)
Perhaps I see you every day, or not for years and years,
Perhaps we hardly speak at all, which brings me close to tears
I’d like to let you know that no matter what you do
Or where you go in life, that my love for you is true
You’re in my thoughts, and so I’ll say (I hope you will not mind):
To all of those I hold so dear, a Happy Valentine’s!

(originally posted on Facebook. Thought I'd put it up here as well)

No comments: